Wednesday, June 13, 2012

There Will Be Bots: Part 2

It's time to chronicle part two of Boomabot assembly. Did you miss part one? Well then, click here. And if you want to learn a little more about Boomabot, check out this video!

With the protective covering now removed, it was time to line 'em up and
get started with the glue. This blue and green robot army is coming together nicely.
We'll try some different colors next time.
At Cassidy's suggestion, I picked up some Weld-On Solvent Cement to adhere
all the pieces together properly — though things went smoothly, I may go for the brush-on
version next time (the tube tended to clog and make the glue a bit stringy).
After a bit of dry time, I cleaned off all the fingerprint smudges and attached the bots
to their bases...originally I planned to glue them down, but they seemed to stand great
without it (also allowing the option of a reversal base and easier packaging). All done!

I'm quite proud of how these little fellas turned out, and I hope you like them too  they'll be officially unveiled at the Porter Flea in Nashville this weekend and I will put the rest in my Etsy shop as soon as I return, so keep an eye out.

Many thanks to Cassidy Keim for his expertise and enthusiasm on this project...I look forward to collaborating again in the future. Boom! Boom!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty awesome. I want to make a Roofus figure like that.

    ReplyDelete