Thursday, June 21, 2012

Takin' It to the Streets

Back in January of this year, my friends (and talented artists) Nadine Charity, Robert Trudeau, and Kathryn Usher posted some artwork at the corner of Kings Highway and Youree Drive in Shreveport  and it intrigued me from the start. Recently, I was able to join in on a "hanging" at En Plein Air (a.k.a. Beauty Supply Gallery a.k.a. Gallery BS) and add my art to the mix.

I've always been a bit inspired by Obey Giant, and this project definitely got me pumped. Don't be surprised if you see more of these popping up around town...and, um, if the cops ask, you don't know who is responsible for these shenanigans, okay?

Tony Reans was there to document the process  below are several great photos from the evening. You can view a complete online gallery here!

Hello, it's a big ol' Ninjacat.
Nadine and Robert showing me the ropes. And the Elmer's glue.
Originally we planned to hang the art up high, but the surface wasn't agreeable.
Making sure it's stuck real good.
Partners in crime.
The finished product.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, man. Love Ninjacat. Where did you get the print made? How long has it been hanging? Also, the Drawing Board needs to paste some jam comics around the city. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete