Monday, March 28, 2011

Sock It To Me

In early 2009, I bought some rockin’ socks from Portland-based Sock It To Me. I liked them so much that I shot the company an email: “Hey, I like funky socks. I’m a graphic designer. Maybe we can work together.”

As luck would have it, I ended up speaking to the owner and she was looking for new designs to fill out the Spring line. So, long story short, that’s how several of my illustrations ended up gracing footwear carried in stores across the U.S. and Europe! Pretty sweet.

I’d been playing around in the early TOOMASOOBA style when this all went down and the experience really flipped a switch in my head. If these designs worked well on socks, why not on prints and shirts and other cool items? Hooking up with SITM really got the gears turning and helped shape the direction that I’ve taken with my work.

You can pick up my designs online (here, here, here and here) and I’ll also have a boatload of Bring-It Bot and Astro Cat socks available at April 30’s Handmade Bash in Dallas. Swing on by if you can!

A quick peek at some men's and women's socks

No comments:

Post a Comment