Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Inspiration Machine #2: Jarrett J. Krosoczka

Jarrett is one of my illustration heroes! I first came across the work of this MA-based writer/artist almost ten years ago and have been following his books ever since (I've even had the opportunity to chat with him via email and phone several times...pretty cool). I was first drawn to his expressive, energetic painting style and use of color -- not to mention the fun stories he cooks up.

"Punk Farm" and "Goodnight Monkey Boy" are a couple of my favorites, and he even has a great graphic novel series for kids called "Lunch Lady"...another thing I admire about JJK is that he does a ton of speaking engagements for kids and schools all over the place. Dude is unstoppable!


Want to see more of Jarrett's work? Of course you do. Take a look at his website and the Studio JJK blog for some good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment